Boron Molecular’s headquarters are located in Melbourne, Australia, housing administrative offices, wet laboratories, pilot scale production bay and a stand alone manufacturing facility.
In addition to the manufacturing facilities located in Melbourne, we have a 3000 sq ft sales, warehousing and distribution centre located in Raleigh, North Carolina that allows us to service our northern hemisphere clients.
Boron Molecular’s research, development and manufacturing processes and facilities are ISO 9001:2008 compliant and equipment includes:
Kilo-lab/Pilot Plant Facilities
Multi-purpose configuration to support various chemical applications.
Ability to meet broad temperature ranges (-78°C to +180 °C)
Large scale filtering, drying and distillation
- glass jacketed reactor with individual heat transfer unit
- glass jacketed filter vessel
- glass vessel for cryogenic reactions
- receiver/separating funnel
- glass jacketed reactors with heat transfer units
- Buchi rotary evaporators
- jacketed, glass lined Buchi reactor in a multipurpose configuration with Deltatherm heat transfer unit (-60°C to 180 °C), attached overhead addition flask and receivers..
- glass mixing vessel (separating vessel)
- Vacuum drying ovens
Boron Molecular’s large scale facility has been designed as a multipurpose manufacturing plant capable of undertaking all of the standard unit operations required fin synthetic chemistry.( heating cooling , reflux, phase separation, distillation, Dean stark distillation ect). Available equipment includes:
- SS reactor designed for the efficient mixing of heterogenous reaction mixtures, heating form ambient to +120°C
- jacketed, glass lined DeDietrich reactor, QVF glassware including attached horizontal separating vessel, overhead vessel, receiver flasks, Richter process pumps (Temp range -20°C to 180°C)
- Multi-purpose configuration to support various chemical applications
- Demountable stainless steel gaff filter vessel
- heated Nutsche Filter
- House vacuum (dedicated vacuum pump) and house nitrogen
- Temperature controlled clean room (HVAC with full HEPA filtration).
To support its manufacturing activities Boron Molecular develops and performs extensive in process control and QC release testing utilsing a wide array of analytical techniques.
GC - Gas Chromatography
Two systems. Single and dual capillary inlet capability , auto samplers and ECD, FID, and TCD detectors.
GCMS - Gas Chromatography with Mass Spectrometry
Triple Quadrupole and TOF GC MS systems. Capillary inlet, purge and trap, auto samplers and EI, CI detectors.
LC - Liquid Chromatography
Two gradient HPLC systems with diode array UV detectors.
LCMS - Liquid Chromatography with Mass Spectrometry
Gradient system with diode array UV, auto sampler. Triple quadrupole optics, API source (ApCI and ESI).
NMR:- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Bruker DRX400 (9.4 Tesla magnet) with 5mm Quad 1H, 13C, 19F, 31P switchable probe and a 4mm multinuclear solid state probe. Variable temperature capabilities.
Bruker DPX300 (7.05 Tesla magnet) with a 5mm quad 1H/13C/19F/31P switchable probe. Variable temperature capabilities.
In addition the analytical lab undertakes standard physical testing of raw materials and intermediates (melting point, boiling point, UV-Vis determinations, Thin Layer Chromatography etc).