A specialist fine chemicals manufacturing company
Established in 2001, Boron Molecular is a leading specialist chemical manufacturer. The company was formed around a suite of process patents on organic molecules called boronic acids, which were originally developed by the CSIRO. The team consists of chemists and chemical engineers with a wide range of expertise across a number of chemical and related industries. Boron Molecular’s core business is the synthesis and production of multi-kilo quantities of early and late stage building blocks for export to the global pharmaceutical industries.
In 2004, Boron Molecular established a fully integrated operation in North Carolina, USA to compliment its research, development and manufacturing facilities in Melbourne, Australia.
As a company Boron Molecular has been able to develop strong quality, documentation, and communication systems to ensure that clients are constantly aware of project status, which has led to a reputation for excellence in technology transfer projects with companies situated in the US, UK, Japan and Australia.
Over the last five years Boron Molecular has invested heavily in research and development through collaboration with a range of university partners. Most notably, it has applied its excellence in technology transfer to a range of projects with the CSIRO. As a result, Boron Molecular and CSIRO signed a Master License Agreement in 2015, which established a dynamic legal framework for the commercialization of a host CSIRO technologies. This investment in technology has ultimately led to increase in jobs and the manufacture of new diversified product offering base and expansion of Boron Molecular’s export markets.
World leaders in the provision of unique building-blocks and specialist chemistry services to the pharmaceutical, fine chemicals and materials science industries
Boron Molecular has significant experience in undertaking technology transfer projects. Do you need help translating your technology from the bench through pilot scale and beyond?
Boron Molecular’s headquarters are located in Melbourne, Australia, housing administrative offices, wet laboratories, pilot scale production bay and a stand alone manufacturing facility.
Boron Molecular works with outstanding scientific partners around the world
History of Boron Molecular
- Boron Molecular founded
Core technology focus on Boronic Acid building blocks for cross-coupling chemistry
- Master License Agreement signed with the CSIRO
- Diversify into Polymers and Materials
- RAFT Agents Commercialised
- Polymers capability developed
- Custom RAFT Agent synthesis introduced
- New line of polymers introduced
- Biomaterial building blocks PHMO/PDMS
- Macromonomers introduced
- Biomaterials synthesis capabilities developed
- Linkers added to catalogue
- Development of electroactive polymer synthesis capabilities
- Electroactive polymers for conductive coatings and composites developed
- Materials for emissions capturing technologies developed
- Synthesis of modifiers for fire resistance developed
- MS3 resin developed for art conservation
- Battery technology developed in collaboration with Deakin University.