Located in Melbourne, Australia, Boron Molecular’s headquarters house administrative offices, wet laboratories, pilot scale production bays and a stand-alone manufacturing facility.
Our facilities are designed to meet all relevant local regulations for the development and manufacture of novel synthetic products. These facilities are supported by an extensive quality system which is ISO9001 compliant. All of the development and manufacturing activities are controlled by this quality system.
In addition to the manufacturing facilities located in Melbourne, we have a 3000 sq ft sales, warehousing and distribution centre located in Raleigh, North Carolina that allows us to service our northern hemisphere clients.
Kilo-lab/Pilot Plant Facilities
Multi-purpose configuration to support various chemical applications.
Ability to meet broad temperature ranges (-78°C to +180 °C)
Large scale filtering, drying and distillation
- glass jacketed reactor with individual heat transfer unit
- glass jacketed filter vessel
- glass vessel for cryogenic reactions
- receiver/separating funnel
- glass jacketed reactors with heat transfer units
- Buchi rotary evaporators
- jacketed, glass lined Buchi reactor in a multipurpose configuration with Deltatherm heat transfer unit (-60°C to 180 °C), attached overhead addition flask and receivers..
- glass mixing vessel (separating vessel)
- Vacuum drying ovens
Boron Molecular’s large scale facility has been designed as a multipurpose manufacturing plant capable of undertaking all of the standard unit operations required fin synthetic chemistry (heating cooling, reflux, phase separation, distillation, Dean-Stark distillation etc).
Available equipment includes:
- SS reactor designed for the efficient mixing of heterogenous reaction mixtures, heating form ambient to +120°C
- jacketed, glass lined DeDietrich reactor, QVF glassware including attached horizontal separating vessel, overhead vessel, receiver flasks, Richter process pumps (Temp range -20°C to 180°C)
- Multi-purpose configuration to support various chemical applications
- Demountable stainless steel gaff filter vessel
- Heated Nutsche Filter
- House vacuum (dedicated vacuum pump) and house nitrogen
- 100 mL (0°C to 150°C); 350 mL (-40°C to 200°C); 650 mL (-40°C to 200°C); and 1.2 L (-40°C to 200°C) shell & tube flow reactors
- Full suite of pumps, flow meters, regulators, feeder and receiver vessels for different configurations
To support its manufacturing activities Boron Molecular develops and performs extensive in process control and QC release testing utilsing a wide array of analytical techniques.
- GCMS – Gas Chromatography with Mass Spectrometry (Triple Quadrupole and TOF GC-MS)
- LCMS & UPLCMS – Liquid Chromatography with Mass Spectrometry. LCMS is a gradient system with diode array UV, auto sampler. Triple quadrupole optics, API source (ApCI and ESI).
- NMR – Bruker Av200 (4.7 Tesla magnet) with a 5mm Quad 1H/13C/19F/31P switchable probe.
- Access to:
- Bruker DPX300 (7.05 Tesla magnet) with a 5mm quad 1H/13C/19F/31P switchable probe. Variable temperature capabilities
- Bruker DRX400 (9.4 Tesla magnet) with 5mm Quad 1H, 13C, 19F, 31P switchable probe and a 4mm multinuclear solid state probe. Variable temperature capabilities.
- Polymer Analysis (GPC; DSC; TGA)
- Extensive Quality Management System, which is ISO 9001:2009 Compliant
- Compliant with all local regulatory requirements
In addition the analytical lab undertakes standard physical testing of raw materials and intermediates (melting point, boiling point, UV-Vis determinations, Thin Layer Chromatography etc).